Friday, September 3, 2010

Intro of who you should know!

              Let me begin by introducing myself. I am Martina Sykes, a recent graduate of the best and the reigning champion of all universities, the University of Florida. Go Gators! I graduated on August 7th, 2010 and my journey is far from over. I was born in Newark, New Jersey and raised in St. Petersburg,Fl aka "the burg". I am the proud daughter of Rev. Dr. Manuel L. Sykes and Belinda Sykes. But enough of the boring stuff, here comes the real.
               I have dreams of being on Broadway. I received my degree in Public Relations but have been singing, dancing and acting since 2nd grade. I know most people say "everybody and their mother can sing or dance," but I am a believer that if you go after what you want and trust in GOD the impossible is possible. I am moving to New York on September 15th and just booked my ticket a few hours ago. To be honest I am terrified! I have always been sure of what I was doing next or what direction I was going in but now I am taking a huge leap of faith. This is the first time I don't have anything lined up besides auditioning and looking for jobs. This will also be the first time I have moved more than 2 hours away from my family. This is just the beginning, I will continue to share my journey with you and keep you entertained along the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment